For over 15 years, Soflab has been helping companies by optimizing the software testing process. Well-prepared and conducted tests allow to reduce the risk which enables companies to become an industry leader.
- By drawing special attention to API tests, you reduce the number of manual tests required. It can save a lot of time for your company thou the quality assurance process become more effective.
- Emphasizing on technical approach allow to detect defects earlier and more efficient which optimize testing costs and improve the quality of the software at the same time.
- By investing in APi integration tests you open up for automation which can lead to constant quality monitoring. Automation can make your business processes across diverse applications and technologies more reliable.
API Testing Benefits
Optimize testing time
Early defect detection
Reduce test costs
Stress and Performance testing
Uncover security gaps
Why Testing API with Soflab?
- Experience – over 15 years in software testing service.
- 200+ testing professionals and experts
- Practice based original methodology in line with international standards such as ISO and ISTQB.
- Proficiency in tools such as Postman, SoapUI, Apache JMeter, Cypress, Selenium, Tosca, etc.
- Range of projects across a variety of sectors, including telecommunication, finance, insurance, media, energy, and public administration.
- Soflab assure quality for CEZ products providing confidence in e-prescriptions, e-referrals and IKP (online patient account).
Types of API Testing Soflab Performs
Automated API testing – DevOps pipeline integration
Frequently repeated manual tests can be automated. It can save a lot of time by shortening the quality assurance process. However, this is not the only advantage of automation. Automated tests can be performed remotely, and the time of their launch can be set to any time. In addition, automatic tests drop the risk of making mistakes because of routine or fatigue. However, their biggest advantage is compliance with the practice and philosophy of DevOps CI / CD (Continuous integration / Continuous delivery or deployment). When API automated test scripts are attached to a continuous integration server, they become regression tests.
API performance testing
API performance tests consist of creating a load and checking the system in terms of response time and resource consumption. Manual execution of this type of tests is exceedingly difficult or even impossible. Therefore, in this case, automated tests are most often conducted. Performance tests using APIs are one of the simpler methods that does not require specialized “frameworks” and writing advanced scripts.
API security testing
Security tests are designed to uncover vulnerabilities identify threats and security gaps. Authorized and fully controlled security breach attempts reveal non-attack resistant spots. The study covers such areas as:
- user authorization,
- access control,
- roles and permissions.
A critical issue is the verification of safety already at the early stage of production, planned at the level of unit, integration, and system tests. Taking this type of action increases the effectiveness of the tests conducted.
API integration testing
Integration testing is designed to confirm communication between components. They are performed at the message layer of the app so it can be implemented on early stage of software development. Usually, at this stage, it is not possible to perform tests using the GUI, which may not be ready yet. Testing API integration is the most used method by experienced test teams.
API Testing Plan
- System architecture and specification, data model and API message format study
- Designing the test strategy and test plan document – list of endpoints and verification overview
- Selecting the relevant testing tools suitable for client’s project
- Setting up testing environment and configure the testing tools
- Test data preparation – volume, formats and structure
- Sending a number of requests for verifiing communication between endpoints
- Test Summary Report
Why API Testing is Required?
Executing API tests is possible at a very early stage of software development life cycle. Testers can verify modules on the message layer of the app. That approach allow teams to find and fix bugs earlier which saves time and reduce costs. As a result, the software development process becomes more efficient and the total time needed to deliver the completed product or functionality is shortened.
In Agile methodologies api testing become even more important thou testers are the part of developers team. Moreover, this approach enable automation which can be a part of CI/CD – automated software release process. Via API you can also conduct performance testing.
What is “Shift-Left” Testing?
It is well known that more costly to discover and fix a defect later in the process. According to Tatyana Sidorova from ScienceSoft “…nearly 60% of all software defects emerge during the requirements phase, about 30% – during the design phase, and only 10% – during development”. Therefore this is reasonable to put QA activities closer to the begining of the delivery pipeline by “shifting them to the left”. API testing perfectly fits this idea.
However, this requires technical competencies and skills that business teams usually do not have. These are much more complex tests than regular UAT tests performed on the client’s side. The conduct of manual technical tests requires knowledge of the appropriate test tools. Therefore, it is necessary to employ experienced and qualified testers.
Soflab Technology provides full-range API testing services to help our customers take shift left approach.
know-how na podstawie wielu projektów w różnych branżach
zespół kompetentnych ekspertów
gotowe, sprawdzone, oparte na praktyce procedury testowania
doświadczenie i dobór odpowiednich technologii i narzędzi
autorska metodyka testów Soflab Test Approach
własny Testlab urządzeń do testów aplikacji mobilnych
Bookkeeping: +48 32 353 31 25
TEST CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE/ SALES OFFICE
Al. Jerozolimskie 123a (Atlas Tower)
Sales Department: +48 22 122 82 43
Marketing: +48 22 122 84 96
Administration & HR: +48 22 122 82 26
ul. Wagonowa 2
Phone: +48 500 000 229
You can call us by phone from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej? Napisz do nas!
You can at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by sending a message to the following address: wycofanie.zgody.RODO@soflab.pl Provision of your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to the processing and responding to your inquiry. The Data Administrator of your information is Soflab Technology Sp. z o.o., with residence in Katowice (40-568) at 103 Ligocka St. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us: z o.o. z siedzibą w Katowicach (40-568) przy ul. Ligockiej 103. W przypadku pytań dotyczących przetwarzania Twoich danych osobowych możesz się z nami skontaktować: email@example.com
You have the right to right to access, review, correct, modify, delete and limit the scope of processing or transferring of the data, as well as to submit a complaint to the appropriate supervising authority(the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection). W przypadku, gdy uznasz, że Twoje dane są niewłaściwie wykorzystywane lub chronione, masz możliwość wniesienia skargi do organu nadzorczego (Prezesa Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych).
Your personal data will be processed for the duration of responding to your inquiry, as well as for marketing purposes until the moment of withdrawal of your consent.
Możesz skontaktować się z nami telefonicznie od pn do pt od 8:00 do 16:00